After two months of social distancing, whether working form home or not, many are wearing sweats on a daily basis…I may call mine ‘joggers’, but they are basically the same thing: loose fitting through the waist and hips with an elastic waist. What the hell, they are comfortable, and comfort takes precedence over style these days – yes, I really said that!!! Doesn’t mean I have given up on style, no way…it just takes a bit more creativity…
This dress by Yigal Azrouël has been a favorite of mine to wear to work in the summer with a navy blazer and nude high heeled slingbacks…the fabric is a synthetic knit so it has stretch and is comfortable – but wear a blazer and high heels at home? Not even me. 😉
That’s ok, there are other ways to style a dress and still look polished and feel great…these leather slip-on sneakers (JSlides) are perfect – dressier than a canvas sneaker or athletic brand styles, and the camel color makes your legs look long!
The back of the dress has fun details, so it’s actually better not to cover it up with a blazer…but there must be some layering piece…
My new cashmere hoodie cardigan – just the right balance of elegant and casual style.
Ready to start the day!
The Bottom Line:
- Understated style need not mean wearing pants – of any kind – every day.
- Dresses and skirts can be ‘dressed down’.
- Do pair dresses with a fashion sneaker – not the ones you wear for a run.
- Flip flops? No.
- When you decide to wear a dress, consider how it will look if you have a Zoom call. Solid colors best – with a flattering neckline, even better.
- Understated style is going to be here for months – maybe order yourself some new dress sneakers? (Do check out JSlides!)
Stay well. Dress well. Better days ahead.